Friday, September 10, 2010

Core 3 is a hit so far.

We began Sonlight core 3 on Tuesday, and so far we're loving it. Lydia finished A Lion To Guard Us on Wednesday. It was supposed to be her reader for the next two weeks. :)

We're currently reading Walk The World's Rim as a read-aloud. It's very different from any other book I've read about American Indians, about a young teenage boy who leaves his tribe to travel with Cabeza de Vaca into Mexico. We're both really enjoying it. She keeps trying to make some sort of Indian dwelling. This is the closest she's come:


 I believe that is the dwelling of the Chair tribe.

Things are going remarkably smoothly. I was quite nervous about how it was going to go, with Levi trying to do a bit of school and having to entertain a toddler, but it's fine. Thanks, God. You really didn't give me more than I could handle. Thanks for reaffirming that homeschooling is what you've called our family to during this season of life.



Where else can you do math on the couch??

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of Lydia doing math on the couch! Homeschooling is so much fun! I love learning along with my children. I am glad that Sonlight is going well for you all. A friend of mine uses it and loves it.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com