The kids completed the Signs of Spring notebooking page from HarmonyArtMom:

Not sure what's up with Lydia and her parentheses!
Lydia also worked on some review of fractions, addition, subtraction and multiplication with the old Horizons workbook. I think she's a little tired of Math-U-See and times tables. She used to say math was her favorite subject... I'm not sure what killed it for her. We've tried a variety of things, but I'm obviously not on the right page. And she's so GOOD at math, that's what is really getting to me! If she stunk at it, I could understand more readily why it is she dislikes it.
On the literature front, we're in the middle of The Twenty-One Balloons. It's a fictional account of a man who flies over the Pacific in a balloon and ends up landing on the island of Krakatoa. At least that's as far as we've gotten... It's a Sonlight book (we're not doing Sonlight this year, but they have fantastic books in their curriculum). Lydia is enjoying it.
Lydia also began working on a pink wool felt kitty from The big book of soft toys
by Mabs Tyler. At $0.01 you can't beat it! It's full of great little projects, many of which are appropriate for small hands just learning to stitch.
Tonight we'll be heading into town for Sacred Dance. The kids are practicing songs for a Mother's Day program at church.





Look at those wonderful journal pages! I love your signs of spring and I appreciate you linking up so we can see what you did for your OH.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much.
I jumped to your blog from Barb's and I just happened to read about your Math-U-See struggles. We too have been experiencing that (after 5 years!) Check out "Math on the Level." We LOVE it!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I'm checking it out right now!
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed The Twenty-One Balloons. It was our read aloud a couple of years ago.
ReplyDelete